It’s that time of year again: start thinking of your most creative projects!
NE/IA Chapter ASID Project Awards Applications are now being accepted. (Use this link to reserve your entries.)
Only current members of the NE/IA Chapter ASID may enter the competition, whether they are entering as individual practicing interior designer or members of a design team. Each entry must represent an installation completed after January 1, 2015, with the exception of re-submissions. A project that has been previously submitted but has not won a Chapter Award, may be resubmitted for up to three years. Projects receiving prior publicity to the 2018 NE/IA Chapter ASID Project Awards are eligible. Entrants may submit as many projects as desired; however, each project may only be submitted in one category. [EXCEPTION TO THE RULE: The Product, Furniture, or Design Detail category may feature an element from a project that has been submitted to another category; however, different photos must accompany the entry.] If it appears as if one project has been entered in multiple categories, the designer responsible will be asked to choose the most applicable category. As a reminder, entry fees will not be refunded.
Here are this year's categories:
- Singular Space
- Under 2,500 Square Feet
- 2,500-4,000 Square Feet
- Over 4,000 Square Feet
3. Product, Furniture or Design Detail
4. Student Project
Judges will be considering the following criteria when determining a project’s score:
1. Design solution answers challenges presented in concept statement. When applicable, use of effective space planning is apparent.
2. Use of design elements (space, texture, light, color, line, form & pattern) and principles of design (unity & harmony, balance, emphasis, rhythm, scale & proportion) are thoughtful and apparent.
3. Visual impact, originality, creativity.
4. Materials, textures, and color composition make sense for the application and work well together.
5. Design enhances the user’s quality of life: health, safety & welfare.
6. At the judge’s discretion, extra credit may be awarded to a project for an outstanding feature or design element
Awards are determined by averaging the judging panel’s scores. If a project is awarded enough points, the following honors may be awarded to projects in the Residential and Contract categories: Gold, Silver, or Bronze. In the Product, Furniture, or Design Detail or Student Project categories, a Distinguished Design honor may be awarded.
First and foremost, please be sure to remove all firm/designer identification from submissions (photos, drawings, etc.). Each entry must fulfill all requirements necessary for submission. Failure to comply may result in the disqualification of your project awards submission. Please use an application such as PowerPoint, Keynote, or SlideShare to create your entry packet and then save it as a .PDF. This format allows for easy viewing of one page after another. Entries should be saved as “Entry__” [insert your entry number in the blank].
ENTRY PACKET MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (Click to see Example Entry01 file)
1. CATEGORY SELECTION & PROJECT STATEMENT:
On the first page/slide, list the appropriate category and in brief, bulleted form, answer the following questions:
• Describe how your design solution impacts the way in which people will experience the finished project.
• What was the most significant challenge you faced in this project and how did your design solution answer this challenge?
2. SKETCHES, PLANS, ELEVATIONS, OTHER DETAILED DRAWINGS, PHOTOS, MATERIALS & FINISHES:
Provide sketches, plans, elevations, and other detailed drawings to communicate your design intent. In the Residential and Contract categories, provide a minimum of four color photos, each saved as a .JPG or .PDF file. In the Product, Furniture or Design Detail category, provide a minimum of two color photos, each saved as a .JPG or .PDF file. If you include “before” photographs, please label accordingly. Scanned images or photos of materials and finishes should accompany the entry as needed, but do not count toward the required minimum of photographs.
TO ENTER A PROJECT(S), CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES. Once purchased you will receive an email on how to submit. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 5:00 PM, JULY 27.